BIRTHDAY BEAR TRADITION

I have 9 old, wrinkly friends, who are retired or semi-retired. Five of them all used to work together and the other four are husbands. They didn't want to lose touch when they retired so they decided to meet and have lunch or dinner when it was their birthdays. However, they got disenchanted with buying a present every time, and decided instead to give a Birthday Bear (thats me.) I get passed from one birthday person to the next each time they meet. The fun part is, that I get to be dressed differently each time, usually to reflect some aspect of the recipient's personality or life.
PS: Two of my wrinklies, Chris and Bob, have gone on a working holiday tour around Australia so they don't celebrate with us very often.

Saturday, October 19, 2013

A VERY NERVOUS BEAR

I was having trouble seeing my honey pot and reading my bear friend's blogs so my Diane took me to the hopstital to have my cataracts removed. I was bery bery nervus but it wasn't too bad at all and I was well enough to go to Mary's Birthday celebration at the  Sunnybank Hotel, Sunnybank.

 Mary is going to take me home and look after me while I recover because she has just had the same operation and she just knows how I feel.

I still have my hopstital gown on with a badge telling doctors which eye to work on. You never know these days they could do the wrong eye. I have my eye drops and a bunch of grapes. I didn't want to share any fish chips with my wrinkly friends but I wish they had remembered my honey.

At least i don't need to wear my blue glasses anymore.

 I love my new pink slippers. When I am better I will be able to read the eye chart right down to the bottom line.

Mary looks great after her operation, she doesn't need her glasses anymore.

1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh, we hope you are doing ok Birthday Bear! We're sending you good thoughts and lots of little bear hugs from the U.S.!

    Your pals, Jerry and Ben

    ReplyDelete