BIRTHDAY BEAR TRADITION

I have 9 old, wrinkly friends, who are retired or semi-retired. Five of them all used to work together and the other four are husbands. They didn't want to lose touch when they retired so they decided to meet and have lunch or dinner when it was their birthdays. However, they got disenchanted with buying a present every time, and decided instead to give a Birthday Bear (thats me.) I get passed from one birthday person to the next each time they meet. The fun part is, that I get to be dressed differently each time, usually to reflect some aspect of the recipient's personality or life.
PS: Two of my wrinklies, Chris and Bob, have gone on a working holiday tour around Australia so they don't celebrate with us very often.

Saturday, August 5, 2017

BUSH WALKING BEAR

Ii was Diane's Birthday and I'm looking forward to going bushwalking with her when she gets better. She has a bad cough at the moment and she hasn't been able to go for her early morning walks.
So here I am with my camera and water bottle walking among the gum trees with the koalas and wallabies.

Mary dressed me for the celebrations held at the Sunnybank Hotel.

It was so nice of Chris and Bob to drive all the way here from their place up past Gympie. It was kind of Helen to put them up for the night and it was kind of Diane to take me home with her and feed me chocolate while we watch TV together. Soon we will walk together in the forest.

2 comments:

  1. Get better soon. I want to see the walk pictures when you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay Diane will take me for a walk soon and I'll get her to tae some photos.

      Delete