BIRTHDAY BEAR TRADITION

I have 9 old, wrinkly friends, who are retired or semi-retired. Five of them all used to work together and the other four are husbands. They didn't want to lose touch when they retired so they decided to meet and have lunch or dinner when it was their birthdays. However, they got disenchanted with buying a present every time, and decided instead to give a Birthday Bear (thats me.) I get passed from one birthday person to the next each time they meet. The fun part is, that I get to be dressed differently each time, usually to reflect some aspect of the recipient's personality or life.
PS: Two of my wrinklies, Chris and Bob, have gone on a working holiday tour around Australia so they don't celebrate with us very often.

Friday, February 21, 2014

ON HOLIDAYS WITH THE WRINKLIES

 For Ann's Birthday way back in last November, my wrinkly friends took me to O'Reilly's Rainforest Retreat for a few days holiday. We had a great view of the mountains and Lamington national Park from our room.

L to R: Ann, Bob, Mary, Chris, George, Helen, Paul, Diane, Bill.
All my wrinkly friends came on this trip even Chris and Bob who are usually are travelling on the road somewhere. However, I was a bit disappointed in them on this trip to say the least and this is why.........

 They fed the birds.......

 Shared their lunch with the birds..........

 Diane shared her apple with the Eastern Rozella but what did I get???? Diddly squat that's what I got.

 However, they did take me to dinner to celebrate Ann's birthday. Mary had dressed me perfectly in holiday clothes because Ann and I love planning and going on holidays that is "vacations" in American language.

 I had my casual clothes, a camera and shoulder bag as well as a backpack, money box to save for holidays and a scenic calendar of great places to visit.

 Ann was pleased to see the backpack was full of brochures and puzzle books. We are going to have fun planning our next trip.

 Dontcha love my new sneakers???

 And my sunhat ??

 BUT just look at that they are planning to eat a feast while I'm left here on the side table and get forgotten. Not even a taste of dessert or wine. What is happening to my wrinklies??? Not only that but they didn't take me on any of their walks or bus tours either.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful bird! And we love the fun shoes!

    But, no dessert?!?! Oh no!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a beautiful bird! Nice to meet you, Birthday Bear. I really like your story of how you met all your human friends. :)

    - Ajdin

    ReplyDelete