BIRTHDAY BEAR TRADITION

I have 9 old, wrinkly friends, who are retired or semi-retired. Five of them all used to work together and the other four are husbands. They didn't want to lose touch when they retired so they decided to meet and have lunch or dinner when it was their birthdays. However, they got disenchanted with buying a present every time, and decided instead to give a Birthday Bear (thats me.) I get passed from one birthday person to the next each time they meet. The fun part is, that I get to be dressed differently each time, usually to reflect some aspect of the recipient's personality or life.
PS: Two of my wrinklies, Chris and Bob, have gone on a working holiday tour around Australia so they don't celebrate with us very often.

Saturday, February 28, 2015

BEAR SITS DOG

I am so excited with my next job . I have to help Ann dog sit for her daughter. Ann calls it her Granddog. He is a lovely dog and his name is Cuda.

 There is not a lot to do for Ann at Cuda's house except read books and play with Cuda. I am looking forward to romping around with Cuda. He is so cuddly and warm.

 He has even offered to share his food with me but I prefer cake.

 Mary dressed me for Ann's birthday celebration with the wrinklies at The Rare Pear Cafe. I read my book while the oldies pigged out on lunch.

 However, I told them that my blog friends, Jerry and Ben said I should go on strike if I don't get cake. Cake is essential for Bears, especially at birthday parties. Well, the wrinklies apologised profusely and they let me go to the cake cabinet and choose a cake. It didn't take me long to decide. I pointed to the biggest one. I was in heaven.  Thanks to Jerry and Ben for suggesting this idea. I am soooo grateful


4 comments:

  1. Yeah, cake! If a bear is going to do dog sitting, then cake is a must! We're glad you got to choose some. Jerry says that if you need any help finishing some cake, just give him a call. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Birthday Bear sure is smart...any smart bear would go for the full-sized BIG bearthday cake (rather than a small slice on a single tiny plate). We're proud of you Birthday Bear!

    ReplyDelete